Hey mates! Good day! Life is short... We all need help... As they say, no man is an island. It may be a difficult road ahead of us but this is place that can help you.

Monday, May 16, 2011

So... How was it? - Thor


So, here we go! Let's do this! This is a new segment on my blog and It's basically a review of different stuff. It could be movies or games or whatever. So, to kick things off I'll be stating my thoughts, opinions and crazy antics about the movie Thor. 

As a kid, I was a fan of superheroes and hammers... Er, Thunderous Shiny Hammers of Doom that is. I wasn't much of a comic book guy because comic books weren't really available to me but I still do have a fair share of heroes with superpowers who beat the evil guy and destroy stuff in the process. 

Thor was a pretty cool movie to be honest. Although not completely original it still played out well for me. It is a good versus evil type of film but the evil part is something a little new. If you know about mythology you would know that Loki, Thor's brother, well... sort of, is not the type of villain in the movies and stories that we all love and remember. I don't really think anyone would go "Kick his ass Thor!". He resembles a villain, the bad guy, in a more personal and sympathetic manner. We can't really just go out there and want him gone. He gets to play around with us and how we think of him. I found that to be a very compound and cool part of the film. 

Personally, I don't rate films on how good or bad they are, if that makes any sense. I rate a film on how it struck me and how I perceived it or sort of wanted it to be. Thor has a mix of humor, action and adventure in it just like probably 60% of the movies in past 10 or so years. Even though it's a good versus evil flick it showed... uniqueness. I think it took the story and mythology of Thor and made it a very appealing and modern story especially for the viewers of today. 

I thought the sounds and visuals were great, although I may be biased especially since I watched that movie in 3D and I really need to let this out. Since it was 3D, the movie had a certain scene that scarred me for life. When it was at this part of the movie: 


I cringed. Because his nipples were just plain and blatantly talking smack to me. It was a very hard time for me. Those few moments almost destroyed me. But with the aid of Popcorn and some nice Tea, I managed to hold it together and pull through the rest of the movie. 

Oh, what's that? You're thanking me? For what? Oh, because I showed you a picture of shirtless muscularity? Well, you're welcome ladies! 

Wait, what? Guys? You're complaining because I gave the ladies some eye-candy? Okay... okay... Gimme a sec... 


Okay! There's Natalie Portman! She was in the movie... right? 

Anyway, all jokes aside. Thor was fun and it had a lot of eye-candy. Overall, it's a very fun movie and definitely something that you would want to watch if you were out with a bunch friends on a cool Friday night or with your family after Church on Sundays. But if you're looking for a deep, indulging and challenging experience, you shouldn't have your hopes too high or else, you'll crash... and burn.

On the Record

Thor was...
- Fun but light-hearted
- Great Eye and Ear candy
- Enjoyable but not Hardcore

Overall, it was a pretty good film and since I had a great time with it, I am gonna give it an 8/10 just because of Chris Hemsworth's nipples and Kat Dennings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment